Murder of Fr. Jacques Hamel inspired prayer for the world
Upon learning of the murder of Fr. Jacques Hamel, Lebanese journalist Mahassen Haddara wrote on her Facebook profile a very moving prayer, a supplication made to Jesus and Mary.
O Mary! Jesus! Do not delay!
We beg you, Virgin Lady of the women of the world, ask Jesus to quickly come to us, because we are no longer able to endure what is going on … Our world, from Jerusalem to Iraq suffers from divisions …
Our churches and mosques are desecrated,
our priests are being killed,
our children are being killed,
and we are helpless …
We beg you, Mother, help us with your prayer …
Jesus, do not be late …
Come to us, because we suffer.
Translated from the Polish, first from the Arabic.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!