Driving around the city, a father and son sing their hearts out to “Quando, Quando, Quando”
Ted McDermott, 79, was diagnosed with dementia in 2013 and now has Alzheimer’s. But prior to the difficulties with his memory, Ted was a singer and entertainer, performing throughout England. Although he has trouble recognizing family and friends now, singing “brings him back,” even just for a few minutes.
“Now when we’ve got him singing again he’s back in the room,” says Ted’s 40-year-old son Simon “Mac” McDermott, who made this video to honor his dad who will be turning 80 soon, as well as to raise money for Alzheimer’s. The pair drive around the city singing away to “Quando, Quando, Quando.” The video clip has gone viral and the younger McDermott hopes to post more videos of his Dad’s performances in the coming days.
Read more: Alzheimer’s is stealing my wife from me…
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!