Tamara Falco may be a beauty in the tabloids, but after a deep conversion, it’s her relationship with God that now matters most
“My conversion started with reading the Bible — after my parents separated,”she told students at Madrid’s San Pablo-CEU University in 2014.
She was confirmed in May 2013, along with more than a thousand youth, by Cardinal Antonio Rouco, then the archbishop of Madrid.
After a brief stint in television, Falco is now focused on her career as a fashion designer.
She welcomed Aleteia to her home in Madrid with simplicity and humor: “I love having the gift of friendliness, because thanks to that gift, I’ve been able to talk about Jesus to those around me.”
The simplicity with which she speaks of her faith — which has caught the attention of the media — is apparent during the interview.
“Now I wouldn’t change my relationship with God, which in the end required me to distance myself from many things in my life that weren’t coherent,” Falco tells us. “The secret of my happiness is my faith. It’s in knowing that living in this world is tough, but that God sees everything, and if He permits it, one day I will be with Him,” she adds.
Falco is a big fan of our most recent popes, especially Benedict XVI, “because without him, I wouldn’t have YouCat and the YouCat helped me a lot.”
To visit Falco’s blog (in Spanish) visit: 33 & Other Stories
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!