Did you know you can actually pray the Liturgy of the Hours or prepare for a good confession with a few taps and slides?
- iBreviary: Simple as it sounds, this app is an electronic breviary, and it was one of the first Catholic applications available on the web with which you can pray the Liturgy of the Hours. iBreviary relieves the (literal) weight of carrying your breviary you (if you happen to have one) in your bag, and will also provide you with the readings of the day, the Rituale Romanum and an impressive selection of prayers and devotions.
- The “Pope App”: You probably already follow the pope on Twitter (if you do not, the official main account is @pontifex), but you may not know the pope also has his own application. PopeApp is a service that delivers all news related to the pope, directly from www.news.va (which is managed by the Pontifical Council for Social Communications) straight into your phone.
- Mea Culpa: In a nutshell, this is an application that will help you make a good confession, guiding you through an examination of conscience, commandment by commandment, and allowing you to group your sins as venial or mortal. Plus (and here’s where Mercy jumps in) the app lets you delete your sins once you have confessed and received absolution, while still keeping the date of your most recent confession (so you don’t take six months before going back to the confessional). You can also set an alarm for a daily examination of conscience (which is extremely useful!). So far, this application is only available for iOS operating systems.
Do you have any favorite apps of your own? Let us know in the comments.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!