If you thought last month’s Olympics were inspiring, take a look
Approximately 4,350 athletes from over 160 countries have competed in 528 medal events, in 22 different sports. So far, the United States holds the most medals (121), followed by China (70) and Great Britain (67).
The next Paralympic Games will be in PyeongChang (2018 Winter Paralympics), Tokyo (for the 2020 Summer Paralympics), and then Beijing (2022 Winter Paralympics).
Here are some of the amazing moments you may have missed over the last 11 days.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!