You don’t want a skilled spearman taking it down, do you?
Paradoxically enough, anachronisms are not welcome at medieval fairs. At least, not in Lipetsk, Russia, where they seem to take them quite seriously. As the hilarious review Nerdist reported last week (taking the video from Popular Science, which took it from the UAV’s YouTube channel), a group of fairgoers were concentrated in a battle reenactment featuring lots of (fake) spears and shields, in the style of (apparently) some late Nordic medieval armies. One of the fighters concentrated on a much more modern enemy, which seemed more of a threat (we guess). At least, thank God, the video survived, so we can now admire this marksman’s skills.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!