Our jury has selected the winners of the international competition for the best video and the best photograph from World Youth Day in Krakow
More than 3,000 photos and videos with the hashtag #KrakowToRome were entered in our competition. This number exceeded our expectations and thus only now are we able to announce the winners.
The president of the jury for photos was photographer Wojciech Grzędziński, a World Press Photo laureate. For videos, it was well-known director and script writer Patryk Vega.
A key criteria for both categories, apart from the aesthetic value of the work, was the manner of depicting World Youth Day and the emotions captured in the picture or film footage.
The selection was far from easy, especially in the photo category, as so many excellent shots were sent in.
The winner of the video competition is Agnieszka Bartoszewska! See her video here:
In the photo category, given the tremendous response, we decided to expand the number of winners. In addition to the main prize (the six-day trip to Rome), we decided to recognize four additional finalists and will send them surprise prizes straight from the Eternal City.
And now let us admire the best 5 pictures in the photo category:
5. Ewelina Tomaszewska POLAND
- Marcos Calixto BRAZIL
- David Silva PORTUGAL
- Mateusz Miszczyński POLAND
- Martyna Mielniczuk POLAND
We wish to congratulate the winners, the finalists and all the participants in our competition.
We wanted the hashtag #KrakowToRome to “cause a stir,” just as Pope Francis has repeatedly requested.
Now another World Youth Day is coming up … maybe we should start thinking about a #PanamaToRome competition?
What do you say?
When we were announcing the competition, we promised to make a video and compile an album with the work submitted. We’re still working on it! Both the movie and the album will soon be ready and made available via our website.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!