As colder weather approaches, here’s how one church community is serving the poor
Rev. Ruth Gallot of Longmeadow Congregational Church says her community is always looking for ways to engage people in service beyond writing checks, and knitting and crocheting scarves for the needy is becoming a year round effort that even involves people from outside the city.
“… We just feel it is important for us to give, not to vet everyone to see if they are worthy of our help, but we’re doing it to help,” says Gallot. Her church would love to see the program expand to other church communities around the country.
Read more…“Warming the Homeless With ‘Holy’ Scarves”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!