Ad campaign reminds people to go to church during the holiday season
Yesterday, the Diocese of Brooklyn launched its Christmas campaign called “Put Him on Your List,” an invitation to Catholics to make time in their busy schedules this month to go to church and celebrate the birth of Jesus.
“The message behind the campaign is a simple one but often forgotten: Giving gifts, going to parties, decorating, the list goes on… it’s all wonderful but it’s important to also remember the reason for the season, as the saying goes,” says Vito Formica, Interim Communications Director and Press Secretary for DeSales Media Group, which produced the campaign ad.
The campaign includes newspaper ads; a TV commercial; digital ads; radio spots recorded by Most Reverend Nicholas DiMarzio, Bishop of Brooklyn; and 110,000 button pins that will be available at the Diocese’s 186 parishes across Brooklyn and Queens for the rest of Advent.
The Diocese of Brooklyn, which is the eighth largest diocese in the United States and the only entirely urban diocese in the nation, does a Christmas campaign every year, but this is the first campaign that will include a social media/TV commercial and the buttons.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!