Kids play with the darndest things
And yet, despite all our best intentions and efforts, most of our children will often toss the toy aside in favor of playing with the box it came in.
In my family, my children have grown attached to all sorts of items around the house, using their imaginations to turn them into toys way better than anything we could bring home from a store. From gloves meant for dishwashing being used as sticky gecko hands, to a garlic press being used as a ninja weapon, my children constantly delight me with their imaginative play using the oddest of items.
With so many parents hopping onto the Catholic corners of Twitter to share their hilarious family lives these days, I figured it would be fun to check in with all of you and find out the silliest, oddest items your children absolutely love playing with!
I’m cool with a lot of silliness, but carrying around an onion may be where I would have to draw the line.
So, dear readers, what are the silly items your children have loved to play with?
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!