Moving music video follows the thousands of Jewish and Arab women marching together across Israel
The project culminated in a call for peace in the form of a march from the north of Israel to Jerusalem. Over 4,000 women participated, half of the Palestinian and half of them Israeli. And when they arrived in Jerusalem, another 11,000 women joined them to protest in front of the Prime Minister’s house in Jerusalem.
The music video above follows the march. The song, “Prayer of the Mothers,” is sung in Hebrew, Arabic, and English. During the video, Nobel Peace Prize winner Leymah Gbowee appears with a message: “I want to let you know that in the world that we live in, peace is possible, only when women, women of integrity and faith, stand up for the future of their children.” Gbowee, who joined the march, was responsible for leading a women’s peace movement that helped to end the Second Liberian Civil War in 2003.
Read more about women wage peace here.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!