Moving music video follows the thousands of Jewish and Arab women marching together across Israel
The project culminated in a call for peace in the form of a march from the north of Israel to Jerusalem. Over 4,000 women participated, half of the Palestinian and half of them Israeli. And when they arrived in Jerusalem, another 11,000 women joined them to protest in front of the Prime Minister’s house in Jerusalem.
The music video above follows the march. The song, “Prayer of the Mothers,” is sung in Hebrew, Arabic, and English. During the video, Nobel Peace Prize winner Leymah Gbowee appears with a message: “I want to let you know that in the world that we live in, peace is possible, only when women, women of integrity and faith, stand up for the future of their children.” Gbowee, who joined the march, was responsible for leading a women’s peace movement that helped to end the Second Liberian Civil War in 2003.
Read more about women wage peace here.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!