A husband in Liverpool, England, wanted his wife of 10 years to know he loves her “just the way she is”
“Do not forget that true love sets no conditions. It does not calculate or complain, but simply loves.” — Pope Saint John Paul II
For their 10th wedding anniversary, Carl Gilbertson wanted to do something special for his wife, Laura. The last decade has been a challenge for them: Laura was diagnosed with multiple scleroses as a teenager and it got worse immediately following their honeymoon, landing her in a wheelchair. As a tribute to her and to show his devotion, Carl organized a flash mob of 30 students from the Liverpool Media Academy to serenade Laura with Bruno Mars’ “Just The Way You Are.” Her reaction says it all.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!