Artist brings together an unexpected pairing, and it works
It’s an unexpected pairing: Gospel and…Catholic? But Edwin Fawcett does just that. He takes the wealth of the Scriptures and the Catholic Tradition and marries it together with that smooth and soulful gospel sound.
His latest album “Lift Your Eyes” is a work more than ten years in the making. The words of the prophet Isaiah run throughout. Edwin says the words of Isaiah “have provided something different – a more deeply intimate message from God to me, about God and about me.”
“You are precious” is a message for everyone, especially those who are far away, who feel like they’re unlovable, unforgivable, worthless. Bring back my sons from far away, my daughters from the end of the Earth. Come to Him. Do not be afraid. I have redeemed you. You are honored and I love you. You are worthy. You are loved. Come to the Source of love and healing.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!