The Vatican Philatelic and Numismatic Office list of publications for this year also include commemorative stamps of Saints Peter and Paul, Marcelino Champagnat and Our Lady of Fatima.
After announcing its philatelic publications for 2017, The Vatican Philatelic and Numismatic Office indicated that it will issue the commemorative Reformation stamp after issuing one celebrating the 250th anniversary of the founding of the Marist Brothers schools by Saint Marcelino Champagnat. The stamp commemorating the Reformation, in turn, will be followed by another one celebrating the 600th anniversary of the founding of the Diocese of Samogitia, in Lithuania, which Pope St. John Paul II visited in 1993. Some other stamps to be issued this year include one celebrating the 100-year anniversary of the apparition of Our Lady of Fatima, the 300-year anniversary of our Lady of Aparecida, Brazil, the 450th anniversary of St. Francis De Sales’ birth and a very special one on the occasion of the 1,950th anniversary of the martyrdom of Saints Peter and Paul.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!