Never be afraid to be a fool for the one you love
Let this be the year you move beyond hearts-and-flowers. This is your woman we’re talking about here, the love of your life, and this year I’d like to give you a few ideas for fanning that romantic flame based on my personal philosophy of romance and relationships: As a Christian you should never be afraid to be a fool for Christ. As a man, you should never worry about being a fool for your woman. She is the one person in the world you should feel comfortable giving everything to. These ideas cost you nothing but you.
- Count your words for kisses — Pick a number between 5 and 10. Don’t say more than that number of words without giving her a kiss. This is an easy way to turn even the dullest conversation into a romantic moment. Paying the bills and deciding who should empty the dishwasher have never been so much fun!
- 100 Forehead Kisses – Wrap your arms around her and start kissing her forehead. The length of each kiss is to be determined by how much time you have and how long she will be willing to put up with you. If she asks you why you’re doing it say, “I have to give your forehead 100 kisses, because your forehead needs 100 kisses.” Don’t be afraid to be cute.
- Perform a 2-handed activity while holding her hand – This is wonderfully ridiculous and is bound to elicit a smile as you try to fold laundry or make a sandwich while refusing to let go of her hand. Her hand is more important than your sandwich, and by refusing to let go, she’ll know it, too.
- Count your steps for kisses – Similar to #1. Pick a number between 25 and 40 and go for a walk with her. Count each of your steps and each time you reach the selected number stop and give her a kiss.
- Hold her like someone is trying to take her from you – The next time you are cuddling with her, wrap her as tight as you can in your arms (without hurting her) and don’t let up for as long as you can. Even when your muscles begin to ache, hold fast and keep her close.
- Be in awe of her – Next time you’re sitting next to her and her attention is elsewhere, look at her. Just stare with a goofy grin on your face. Eventually she will notice and when she does tell her how beautiful she is.
- Staring contest – Look into her eyes and don’t look away. Yes, you can blink. Have a conversation or just sit quietly. Eye contact is so important in a relationship and as the eyes are the windows to the soul, looking into them is essential for making a connection.
Give it a shot. I guarantee she’ll remember these moments long after the roses and the chocolate wrappers have hit the landfill.