Check out her latest video, “Controlled Burn”
I won’t light a fire if you don’t want to be seen. But I will abide, and my love remains free.
Alanna Boudreau reminds us all of the best part of Christian music as a genre: That it encompasses all genres. With lilting vocals and driving guitar rhythm, her cerebral Indi-Folk style is somewhat minimalist, while still producing a broad sound.
As a lyricist, this sophomore artist is already fully developed and aptly paints vivid scenes with a vocabulary that is a bit wider than most pop artists might attempt. She knows how to employ poetic elements and will often repeat a word or phrase several times, in emphasis to a point.
“Controlled Burn” is a catchy tune. One that serves as a good representation of Boudreau’s style. She performs her music with an earnest, almost frustrated yearning to explore all of life’s wonders. We can’t wait to hear what she comes up with next.
Follow Cecilia on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!