Christian Burrows’ song for his late brother continues to bring us to tears.
You can tell that something special is happening from the way the judges are captivated. Even Simon Cowell was struck by the emotion of Burrows’ song, which won him a spot on X Factor.
Burrows’ keening breaks in his vocalization added the effect of barely holding back emotion to this performance. Ultimately, it would be this same style, along with problems holding pitch, that would keep him from winning the contest, but this performance still stands as a wonderfully emotional glimpse into a broken heart.
Follow us on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!