She’s dreaming of a chain of “Collettey’s Cookies” shops…
Frustrated and tired of putting herself out there without any measurable results, Miss Divitto began her journey to take the world by cookie. She set up a website and a Facebook page, and since being recently featured by CBS, she has been overwhelmed with the amount of support (and orders!) she has gotten.
The information section of her Facebook page gives a short and sweet introduction to her business: “Homemade cookies by Collettey, a young Down syndrome woman who started her company from passion and hopes to grow it and hire people with disabilities.”
According to her website, colletteys.com, Collette’s vision is to expand her business significantly and to employ other people who, just like her, have had a difficult time finding a job.
“Collette’s latest goal is to land an account in a large market and hire other people with a disability, understanding that 76% are unemployed and so want desperately to have a job, earn money, and be a worthy part of a team.
Now her cookies are being sold in local stores in her area, but she has dreams to make a nation wide chain of her cookies and employ disabled people who were rejected by businesses, just as she was.
Cheers to Collette for having the gumption to work toward her dream job. We wish her all the best.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!