Complete with billiards, ping pong, mini-golf, and rides, all underground
The improvements added games such as ping pong tables, a mini-golf course, and billiards in case the ridiculously beauteous surrounding isn’t enough for those with short attention spans. There are also rides including rowboats, an elevator (you can ride it!), and even a Ferris wheel, all underground.
The massive chambers filled with stylistic lights and cavernous scenery almost look like a hideout for a James Bond villain. This contrasts with the long corridors cut into the salt, which look like the frozen tunnels of Hoth from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. It seems like a great spot for live music; the acoustics could lend a haunting echo.
See the photo gallery from TheMindCircle.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!