The Holy Father encouraged participants to protect this “treasure belonging to everyone”
Noting the “need to protect water as a treasure belonging to everyone, mindful too of its cultural and religious significance,” the Holy Father encouraged efforts to educate children and young people on the value of water.
The one-day Vatican conference is entitled “Watershed: replenishing water values for a thirsty world,” and takes place on March 22, the 25th World Water Day, which was established by the United Nations in 1992.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!