Mandisa brings hope to the struggling.
You’re not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it’s hopeless
That’s when He reminds you
That you’re an overcomer
Driven by a determined beat, this tune would be as at home on a dance floor as it would be in a gym. The music video is filled with images of people overcoming obstacles and rising to new heights, adding just the right amount of sentiment to become truly touching.
It’s no wonder that this album won 2 Grammy awards in 2014. Mandisa does an excellent job melding her faith and her art, allowing a strong background in religion to influence her music without overpowering it. This allows her to write very stylistic songs that are as accessible to a secular audience as to a religious community.
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!