Remember there is a safety release on the inside
“My biggest fear was he was going to drive my car into a river and I’m gonna drown here and no one’s gonna know I’m in this trunk.
“I’m just sitting there thinking, I might have a trunk latch, I remember seeing a video on facebook… I just got the bright idea to use my insulin pump light, which is not a bright light, but it was bright enough to see,”
She was able to exit the trunk, while the car was in motion and ran to a gas station where she was able to phone for help.
This is a frightening story, because Brittany was just on her way home when it happened. This incident has traumatized this young woman and we would like to share this PSA video in hopes that others in this situation can also escape. For new cars, ones made after 2000, there is a pull release:
For older models there is a way to escape as well”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!