The First Temple virtually reconstructed following the description found in the First Book of Kings.
Excavation in such a religiously layered, complex, and contested site would be impossible, so the 3D animation made by Daniel Smith may be the closest we get to reconstructing the Temple of Solomon in its glory. Smith used SketchUp2016 and followed the measurements provided in the Bible’s First Book of Kings, Chapters 6 and 7, for the animation, originally shared by kameni-spavac.com.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!