This online version of the triptych of the great Flemish artist can take you to Heaven or Hell.
To see this painting in person, you must visit it in the Museo Del Prado, in Madrid. But if El Prado seems distant, the Dutch National Radio has prepared a virtual tour — guided or not, it’s the user’s choice — around this masterpiece. To visit the Garden, simply click here.
We should warn you that the sounds accompanying the stroll through Hades may be disturbing to some. Also, some of the contents of the triptych – both the carnal excesses of the central panel and the torments of Hell as Bosch nightmarishly depicts them — might be a bit too raw for some sensibilities.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!