Add “Lord Have Mercy” to your prayer playlist.
The group of musicians and technical staff offer their music free of charge, but encourage private donations, which are the only means of support for the project. Their mission statement is commendable and humble:
As artists, we believe in the universal power of true beauty to change the world. As Christians, we believe everyone on the planet deserves the opportunity to encounter the Gospel in an attractive and compelling way … lifelong believers and those who have never heard the name of Jesus alike. As a community, we believe all of this should be offered free of charge as a gift to anyone who wishes to receive it. This is our mission, and we need your help to accomplish it.
“Lord Have Mercy” is one of the tracks from their first series. Written and performed by Greg and Lizzy, along with the Vigil Project team, it takes ideas from Psalm 51 and sets them to meditative tones. They do a good job of creating an atmosphere for deep prayer and an authentic encounter with God.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!