The Salesian nun runs a school for thousands of students. Ninety percent of them are Muslims
In their school, Sister Carol explains, “we welcome everyone with open arms, like a big family, the Salesian style, trying to overcome, together, the fear caused by missiles and bombs.”
As reported in L’Osservatore Romano, Sister Carol has just received the International Women of Courage Award at the Department of State in Washington, from the hands of U.S. First Lady Melania Trump. Sister Carol joined 12 other “brave women who carry out their mission in dangerous areas, showing courage, strength and leadership while promoting peace, justice, human rights and the dignity of women, often at great personal risk.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!