We could listen to them all day.
The project is the brain-child of Mormon composer Rob Gardner, who is a graduate of Brigham Young University and previously performed as a song and dance man and composed sacred music. Gardner arranges the music, conducts the orchestra in performances, and acts as producer for the band.
Cinematic Pop grew widely popular after they auditioned for America’s Got Talent in the 2016 season, for which they were rewarded with a resounding “yes” from all four judges. Unfortunately, they had to drop out of the competition before the judges made the cuts because of scheduling conflicts. However, based on their performance, we believe they would have made it deep into the contest.
Soloing on “Hallelujah” is 16-year-old McKenna Breinholt, whose melancholy treatment of Leonard Cohen’s standard received much acclaim. She was also half of the vocal duet at their audition for America’s Got Talent. Had the band remained in the show, she would most likely have been featured again.
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!