“Even If” is proving to be a big hit.
They say it only takes a little faith to move a mountain
Well, good thing a little faith is all I have right now
MercyMe has been a prominent name in Christian music since they signed with INO records in 2001 and their album Almost There went double platinum (over 2 million copies sold), thanks to their hit crossover single “I Can Only Imagine.”
Staying consistent ever since, their 2017 album, Lifer, has reached number 10 on Billboard’s Top 200 and became their seventh consecutive album to reach number 1 on Billboard’s Christian Album Chart. Lifer‘s single, “Even If,” stands atop Billboard Christian AC Indicator and Soft AC Charts while reaching the top 5 at Billboard Christian AC Monitored and Christian Airplay Charts.
CBN has lead singer Bart Millard speaking about their hit single, “Even If”:
“If there’s a moment on the record to reach people where they are, it’s ‘Even If’. We’re ministers first. We’re trying to reach the hurting first. This song wrecked us,” Millard admits. “It’s just an open wound for me. It’s very real.”
“The whole point of the song for me is the change that Jesus made in my life is so real and so life-transforming that if He went dark, if He went silent from now on, He would still be my greatest hope because of what He has already done,” he shares. “Basically, there’s not a single circumstance, I pray, that can derail me from what Christ is to me and who I am because of Christ.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!