The Vatican announces Pope Francis will meet with President Trump during his trip to Italy for a G-7 summit
According to a statement released by the Vatican Press office on Thursday afternoon at 5:45 p.m. local time, the pope’s meeting with President Trump will take place at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 24, 2017, in the Apostolic Palace. Following his meeting with Pope Francis, President Trump will then meet with His Eminence Cardinal Pietro Parolin, Vatican Secretary of State, and Archbishop Paul Gallagher, Secretary for Relations with States for the Holy See.
Trump’s Vatican visit will form part of his first overseas trip since his inauguration, and will take place just ahead of a NATO meeting in Brussels on May 25 and his participation in the G7 summit in Sicily the following day.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!