Excited mom was one of journalists on papal flight
During his flight, the pope blessed Anna Ferreira, one of the journalists on the papal plane, and the child she’s carrying.
Ferreira was one of 63 journalists aboard the flight, representing news agencies from across the globe on this 19th apostolic visit.
“I was excited to tell him everything I had on my mind,” Ferreira, who is from Redevida de Televisao, told Aleteia.
“I’ve prayed for all women like me who are living the most beautiful time of expectation in the world,” she said with emotion. “The pope asked me when the baby would be born. I told him I’ll be in this sweet time of waiting until the end of September.”
When the pope addressed the journalists, he told them his pilgrimage is a journey “in prayer, in an encounter with the Lord and the holy Mother of God.”
On Saturday, the pope will canonize two of the little shepherds who saw Our Lady in Fatima, siblings Jacinta and Francisco. He returns to Rome on Saturday evening.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!