His 20th anniversary release is as epic as can be
The children were an excellent choice for the remake, the freshness of their voices complement Gabriele Roberto’s epic arrangement. Soloist Valentina Escobar has a strong, youthful soprano voice and excellent dictation. When the choir sings the high notes together they almost sound like a second string section.
Andrea Bocelli mused about his 20-year-old album in the liner notes:
“For me … Romanza is first and foremost the compendium of my personal history and my history as an artist – it is a piece of my heart which, through the miracle of music, I have been able to share with the world.” – Andrea Bocelli
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!