A surprising and soothing setting to a secular song
Jim Clements arranged the piece to sound like sacred music; in fact set in Latin it would feel right at home in the Crypt Church below the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. His use of dynamics brings the whole work together and allows the group to at times sound a lot larger than eight strong.
Voces8 has been working professionally for about a decade. In their tenure they have released 17 albums of assorted choral works, in which they cover Purcell, Bach, Gershwin and more. They are currently on tour in Europe and have shows booked through 2018.
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!