As we wrap up another year of CCD and sacrament prep, we tell the Lord again, “Count on me!”
like a dear friend,
so that our work as sowers of your word
is made lighter.
We want to love you and to understand you,
like your friends at Bethany.
Teach us to find you in our brothers and sisters,
because each time we hear them and help them,
we are hearing you and helping you.
Scatter our fears, O Lord,
strengthen our resolve to teach your Gospel,
strengthen our wills, which go from yes to no.
Dispel our ignorance with your clarity,
alleviate our tiredness with your strength,
banish our egotism with your love,
replace our discouragement with your hope.
Lord, thank you for having chosen me
and for the trust you place in me.
but with joy and hope,
today I want to tell you again:
Count on me!
[Translated and adapted from Aleteia’s Spanish edition]
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!