The pop singer is bringing all her friends to help the healing process
After the attack last week, Ariana Grande wrote a letter to her fans:
“My heart, prayers and condolences are with the victims of the Manchester Attack and their loved ones. There is nothing I or anyone can do to take away the pain you are feeling or to make this better. However, I extend my hand and heart and everything I possibly can give to you and yours, should you want or need my help in any way.
“Our response to this violence must be to come closer together, to help each other, to love more, to sing louder and to live more kindly and generously than we did before.”
The pop star will be joined by some of the biggest names in the industry, including: Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Pharrell Williams, Usher, and more. All proceeds will go toward the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund, which has already raised more than 1.1 million pounds.
Grande has canceled all of her shows leading up to the benefit, to concentrate on gathering this impressive lineup of stars. Her tour will resume in Paris, France on June 7th.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!