A monastery where a cats’ procession is a daily affair
But the monastery is not only inhabited by monks: 10 stray cats have been adopted and raised in the community, in exchange for their ability to keep certain vermin at bay. And, as is evident in the video, the cats seem to have adopted some of the customs of the monastic life as their own: every morning they accompany Father Sergei Kuzmich in the procession, and receive his blessing.
As we read in the Book of Daniel, “all creatures of the Lord, bless the Lord.” Literally.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!