The Presentation School Choir does a great job with ‘Ave Maria.’
The choir made it to the semi-finals of Britain’s Got Talent in 2016. Despite drawing high praise from the judges, they did not make it past this round. They received about 12 percent of the public vote.
However, it was reported there was a technical glitch in the voting system and many areas of Ireland were unable to cast their votes. It is unclear if these lost votes would have helped the choir move ahead of impressionist Craig Ball, who came in first with almost 25 percent of the vote.
Veronica admitted disappointment at their early dismissal from the competition. Nevertheless, she was thrilled with their performance:
“As a choral director I’m extremely proud of the girls. The lasting legacy they’ve left is incredible — they’ve represented Kilkenny and Ireland around the world in the most incredible way.”
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!