Just because you didn't win in June is no reason not to enter in July, or August ... or throughout 2017!
Just one verse each day.
Congratulations to the winning organization of June’s Lampstand Contest, Wspólnota Indywidualności Otwartych (Community of Open Individuals)!
WIO’s mission is to help individuals, through an encounter with God and people of faith, to learn to direct their lives in positive and constructive ways, and thus become more open to God’s plan for them.
Thank you, Justyna Pawul for submitting the winning photo on the organization’s behalf. To learn more about Wspólnota Indywidualności Otwartych and their mission, please visit their site, here.
If you are unfamiliar with the Aleteia’s Lampstand Photo Contest, here is what you need to know:
- The Lampstand contest references Matthew 5:15 (“No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house”).
- It is meant to shine a light on charities and philanthropic groups, and to reward and encourage them.
- It is a global contest, so readers from all seven of Aleteia’s language editions are open to participate by submitting photos that best portray the spirit of their mission.
- Entries are uploaded here.
- Winners are chosen by readers, who “like” their preferred photo. The image with the most “likes” is the winner.
- Organizations who do not win are encouraged to continue to submit new photos in succeeding months.
The Lampstand contest is running throughout the remainder of 2017. With every month comes a new opportunity for you to win $515 for your favorite charity — and yes that means you’re free to enter on behalf of your soup kitchen, parish outreach, St. Vincent de Paul group, etc!
Support your favorite charity by submitting a photo of their work to July’s contest here.
We welcome and encourage previous entrants to participate in July’s contest, and beyond.