While eating in a restaurant in San Antonio, Texas, law enforcement officials were thrilled at the attitude of this little girl.
Eight-year-old Paige Bosquez was sitting at the table with her aunt Martha at Luby’s when she noticed a group of uniformed policemen eating lunch a few feet away. She approached the agents and asked them: “May I pray for you to be safe, and so that God may take care of you all?”
Surprised, the police officers immediately accepted the proposition and bowed their heads to pray with little Paige, while her aunt had the fortune of capturing this memorable scene in a photo. Once the officers finished their meal, they all approached Paige’s table to thank her before leaving the restaurant.
It is noteworthy that these law enforcement officers were still mourning the death of one of their comrades, Miguel Moreno, who was shot down on June 30 while investigating a vehicle theft case.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!