While eating in a restaurant in San Antonio, Texas, law enforcement officials were thrilled at the attitude of this little girl.
Eight-year-old Paige Bosquez was sitting at the table with her aunt Martha at Luby’s when she noticed a group of uniformed policemen eating lunch a few feet away. She approached the agents and asked them: “May I pray for you to be safe, and so that God may take care of you all?”
Surprised, the police officers immediately accepted the proposition and bowed their heads to pray with little Paige, while her aunt had the fortune of capturing this memorable scene in a photo. Once the officers finished their meal, they all approached Paige’s table to thank her before leaving the restaurant.
It is noteworthy that these law enforcement officers were still mourning the death of one of their comrades, Miguel Moreno, who was shot down on June 30 while investigating a vehicle theft case.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!