It doesn’t take much to transform lives, just a little creativity and generosity.
This 20-year-old named Fraser is taking the elderly out of their care homes for cycle rides so that they can experience the sun and trees again. “It’s such a change to get out of those four walls,” Mary, one of the nursing home residents, said. “I really enjoy it. The fresh air and the wind in your hair. It’s just amazing.”
Fraser says that he can see the positive impact this has made on some of the residents, like Mary. “You know she lights up when we come into the care home,” he said. “I think projects like this can make society better.”
Fraser has taken more than 60 people out from the same center on these literal joy rides, but he hopes to extend the program throughout Scotland.
You can watch more below:
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!