President Vladmir Putin sends congratulations to Syrian President Bashar Assad on breach of blockade
The operation allowed the Syrian army to break through the blockade that jihadists have maintained around the eastern Syrian provincial capital of Deir ez-Zor, according to the Russian defense ministry.
ABC News reported that a Kremlin spokesman says President Putin sent his congratulations to Syrian President Bashar Assad after breaching the ISIS blockade.
The Russian frigate Admiral Essen launched Kalibr cruise missiles from the Mediterranean, destroying, command and communications posts, ammunition depots, a facility to repair armored vehicles, and a large group of militants, the ministry said, Reuters reported.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!