Clayton and Brittany Cook’s wedding album will be a record of their big day in more ways than one!
After their wedding ceremony, while Brittany was having some solo snaps taken by a park bridge in Ontario, her new husband Clayton was watching three children playing by the river. When he noticed that only two boys were standing on the rock ledge, Clayton went to take a look. He explains that he “saw the boy in the water struggling to keep his head up.”
With no regard for his suit, Clayton jumped down and plucked the child out of the water. As he pulled the child onto the shore in his now slightly soggy wedding attire, wedding photographer, Darren Hatt, took the opportunity to record the incident in photos that are now going viral. Thankfully the slightly shaken little boy seemed to be unharmed and went off with an older sibling.
The bride, who first thought her husband had jumped into the river for a joke, shared that “her husband’s quick thinking and selfless action were just some of the reasons she fell in love with him in the first place.” And we can see why, who doesn’t love a true action hero?!
However, it’s not just a question of saving someone’s life, it’s more the fact that Clayton acted selflessly, and that can only be a promising start to any marriage. Brittany said to CTV: “That’s Clay, like that’s Clay to me,” adding “it’s something he would just instinctively do.”
Although the couple might not have the visually perfect wedding photos they’d planned for, they’ll certainly have photos showing the best of Clayton.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!