For the victims, for families, for first responders and law enforcement, for all of us
This is dreadful enough.
Pope Francis, calling the shooting a “senseless tragedy” has sent his thoughts and prayers to Las Vegas’ Bishop Joseph Anthony Pepe, and the people of the city.
According to the website for the Diocese of Las Vegas, the city’s patrons are the Holy Family, and Saints Peter and Paul. This is also the feastday of theHoly Guardian Angels, to whom we turn for protection.
Let us pray a prayer for all involved in this dreadful shooting:
O Lord, by whose design the sands of our lives run fast or slow,
be with us in this time of terror;
send your Holy Spirit to help us grow in wisdom
in the face of such a senseless act.
Holy Family — Jesus, Mary and Joseph — be the consolation of families impacted
by this violence and mayhem.
Saints Peter and Paul, patrons of the city,
Saint Michael the Archangel, patron of First Responders and Law Enforcement, pray for Las Vegas.
For the sake of Christ’s sorrowful passion, have mercy on us, and on the whole world.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!