Because of all of us deserve clean and nutritious food.
AJ Bombacino was only six months old when he suffered a random seizure caused by malformation of cortical development, and, as a result, he is now fed through a G-tube. But the complications weren’t over yet. The Bombacinos tried all the mainstream formulas, but each one made their son sick. At a loss, they bought a blender and began making their own formula with real food.
With real food and no more preservatives or synthetic additives, AJ stopped vomiting and his hair finally started growing. The family launched Real Food Blends to provide healthy and clean formula options to tube-fed individuals. Since their launch in 2012, they have sold over 1 million meals. With AJ as their “Chief Inspiration Officer,” the Bombacinos are providing 100 percent real food meals to tube-fed people, because, as they say on their website, “we all deserve real food.”
Indeed, we all need access to clean and nutritious food, and this family is making sure one group on the margins gets it.
See more in the video below.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!