Chronic stress can actually change your brain (for the worse, of course!), but there is something you can do about it.
Madhumita Murgia shows how chronic stress can affect brain size, structure and function, making it harder to learn and remember things, which can then lead to problems like depression and Alzheimer’s. And it gets worse – you can pass this horrible state of affairs down to your children and grandchildren, and their children!
There is good news – there are a few things you can do every day to avoid stress and all its consequences. Watch the video to find out, and don’t stress!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!