People from all over are taking part in “Brocktober.”
Knowing how the holiday could raise his spirits, his family took to Facebook, asking the community to send Brock their best Halloween wishes. The response was more than they ever imagined. WCSH6 spoke with Brittney Horton, Brock’s mother:
“Tons of packages, toys, candy and cards -– he is loving every second of it,” said Brittney Horton, the boy’s mother.
Even though he is exhausted from chemotherapy, his family says the kindness of strangers is helping him get into the holiday spirit.
“It motivates him, for sure,” said Horton.
“He’s been seeming a lot better than he was a few weeks ago,” said William Chadwick, Brock’s father.
Brock has received thousands of cards and packages filled with candy and toys and the well-wishes of complete strangers, in a season of charity that is being called “Brocktober.” Brock was particularly thrilled by all of the Hershey’s chocolate, his favorite treat.
While people from around the world are sending in cards, some of the people in Brock’s community have come together to visit him. Last weekend a group of 300 costumed motorcyclists from around New England surprised him at his home. Now that’s what we call a “Brocktoberfest”!
Brock has received so many toys that his mother is going to donate the excess to children’s hospitals so as to spread the love and the holiday spirit. If you would like to send your best wishes to Brock, cards can be sent to:
11 McKenny Drive
Biddeford, ME 04005
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!