“For all of them have contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had.” Mark 12:44
Vane Lozano, a worker with Friends For Global Change, posted photos of her encounter with Julio on Facebook. She had approached him, offering him an air mattress, but she wasn’t expecting what he did next. “God blessed me with a truck,” he said, refusing the gift. “I already have a lot. I have so much thanks to God.”
Julio spends his time making runs for others, gathering water, ice, and food for those who have no transportation. “There are so many people who don’t have transportation and they can’t come and get water,” he explained, “so I come to get them what they need.”
Before the hurricane struck, Julio had worked in landscaping, so Lozano has posted on Facebook asking someone to give him a job, and Friends For Global Change are seeking to reward his charity by fundraising money to buy him a new mobile home. Their GoFundMe page raised nearly half of their $50,000 goal in only two days.
As so many band together to bring relief to these victims, Julio has given more than most because he has taken the little he has left and shared it with others in need.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!