The new English translation is called “Prayers Against the Powers of Darkness”
This separate book is titled Prayers Against the Powers of Darkness, and was originally an appendix of the newly revised Rite of Exorcism.
The USCCB explains the content of the book on its website:
This small pocket-sized book will assist the Christian faithful in their struggle against the infernal enemy. It is a powerful treasury of prayers of praise and supplication to Almighty God and prayers invoking the intercession of the saints.
This durable prayer book includes:
Prayers to God for Protection
Invocations to the Holy Trinity
Invocations to Our Lord Jesus Christ
Invocations to the Blessed Virgin Mary
St. Michael the Archangel Prayer
Prayers Against the Powers of Darkness contains the complete text of “Supplications Which May Be Used by the Faithful Privately in Their Struggle Against the Powers of Darkness,” which is Appendix II of Exorcisms and Related Supplications, the ritual book used by exorcists.
The Catholic Herald reports, “[Fr Andrew Menke, executive director of the USCCB’s Secretariat of Divine Worship] said the prayers in the appendix can bring comfort to anyone who prays them, whether or not an individual is undergoing an exorcism … ‘The book is meant to facilitate a very reflective kind of prayer,’ he said. ‘It’s not something you read like prose. It’s meant to be a meditative, patient, trusting, quiet sort of prayer.'”
The small prayer book will be available on November 5 and can be pre-ordered through the USCCB website.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!