“I’ll Find You” is a touching song about faith and hope.
They say fear haunts
And pain hates
I say pain strengthens
And fear drives faith
Lecrae has been active as a Christian hip-hop artist since the release of his debut album Real Talk, in 2004. His subsequent albums have won him two Grammy Awards and seven Dove Awards. His sixth album, Gravity, won the Grammy Award for Best Gospel Album.
“I’ll Find You” is from his 2017 album, All Things Work Together. For this tune he is joined by singer-songwriter Tori Kelli, whose sultry refrains really shine around Lecrae’s smooth verses. The music video, which was inspired by a few of Lecrae’s loved ones who are battling cancer, was shot at Glendale Memorial Hospital, in Los Angeles.
Lecrae shared the inspiration for “I’ll Find You” in an Instagram post:
Life is a precious gift. A gift we often take for granted until it is threatened. Pain can be a haunting reminder to appreciate every waking moment. So we wrote a song to share our hope in the midst of that pain. At the time of this song’s composition, some of our loved ones were battling cancer. We wanted to encourage them to hold on and tell them we are here waiting, hoping, praying, and fighting with them. Some have been released from their pain forever, others are still fighting. Hold on.
Our first impression of this song was that we wouldn’t be surprised to hear it at the end of the next Fast and Furious movie. This may be because it was produced by DJ Frank E, who also produced Wiz Kahlifa’s “See You Again.”
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!