Now this is how you sell an old car, while conveying a powerful message.
Clearly it can pay to be creative, and Lanman’s sense of humor comes across loud and clear in the ad, which is just plain fun to watch. But there’s perhaps a more interesting lesson to be learned from this. Not only is Lanman a darn thoughtful boyfriend, but his branding message that “luxury is a state of mind” is right on target. Luxury is indeed a state of mind and cars are not ends in themselves, as so many car commercials would have us believe. Luxury is ultimately about what makes each of us look forward to getting up in the morning, and things like cars are merely a means to living our very best lives.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!