“As we pass through this door, draw us more deeply into your presence.”
That is why it is a place where we should invite God’s presence, asking for his protection over it and our home.
One of the most common ways to do this is through the traditional Epiphany blessing of the home. However, that is not the only way to invoke God’s blessing upon your home and door.
Below is an alternative prayer that can be prayed by anyone, simply asking God to shower his blessings upon the primary portal of your home.
God’s peace be to this home and to all who dwell within. You, O Lord, are the beginning and the end, the alpha and omega, carefully watching over us from birth until death. Bless this door of our house and in your goodness send your holy angel from heaven to watch over and protect us, to be with us and give us comfort and encouragement.
As we pass through this door, draw us more deeply into your presence and may a spirit of humility, goodness, mildness, and gratitude prevail here.
O Lord, you are the door to eternal life, bless our entrances and exits from this home and pour out on us heavenly dew in good measure, as well as an abundance of earthly needs. At our lowly coming be pleased to bless and sanctify this home, as you once were pleased to bless the home of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Within these walls let your angels of light preside and stand watch over those who live here.
May this blessing remain on this place and on us who live here now and always. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!